South Coast Health Services Consortium
11 Williams Street, Inverloch
Postal Address: P O Box 105, Inverloch, 3996
Phone (03) 56740900 Fax: (03) 56743124
FOUR FOOTPRINTS PLAY AT WONTHAGGI
South Coast Health Services is very pleased to be hosting a performance of the FOUR FOOTPRINTS play to be held at Wonthaggi Arts Centre on Friday 8th May 2009.
Four Footprints has been attracting large and appreciative audiences at each of its venues and there is great anticipation of the performance to be held at Wonthaggi. The Wonthaggi performance is part of the Gippsland Tour announced by The Gippsland Region Palliative Care Consortium and has been supported by a number of health services in the region.
Four Footprints, written and performed by renowned Australian actor Alan Hopgood and written in collaboration with Palliative Care Coordinator, Molly Carlile is a touching comedy about the end of life. It looks at death on a variety of levels and creates a better understanding of palliative care in a clever and humorous way. Audiences laugh loudly and recognise elements of themselves in the characters.
The presentation features a discussion forum ...[Go to full story]
FOUR FOOTPRINTS PLAY AT WONTHAGGI
SCHSC Welcomes new Executive Officer
Fruit and Veg for Health - Local Action Bass Coast
2007 Staffing Changes for SCHSC
Go for your Life, Fruit and Veg for Health
More news items are here.
Our Mission is:|
To improve the coordination, planning, organisation and delivery of primary care services within the South Coast Region
Our Values are:
We aim to be held in high regard, earn the respect of others, and will respect each other at all times.
We believe the importance of communicating effectively, by consulting, sharing and exchanging information and ideas.
We endeavour to keep ourselves up to date on issues and trends affecting health and well being, and use current data when making decisions.
We encourage the philosophy of innovation and creativity whilst continually seeking better ways of delivering service and value to ensure the health and well being of our community.
We believe in being honest, open and accountable in all our operations.
The South Coast Health Services Consortium (SCHSC) is a voluntary alliance of Health related agencies and Local Government that service the area of South Gippsland from Koo Wee Rup to Yarram and from Mirboo North to the Coast.
The Consortium undertook a strategic organisational renewal process in June 2003 and is re-basing its activities around the following core ingredients.
Our guiding Principles are:
- Improving service arrangements for consumers
- Building healthy, cohesive South Coast communities
- Committing to the implementation of the social model of health
- Promoting accessible and equitable service provision
- Encouraging individuals and communities to take responsibility for their health and well-being
- Working to add value to service coordination through collaboration and alignment
- Facilitating collaborative health planning and information exchange
- Supporting quality agenda of evidence-based practice and the development of shared service models
- Advocating and lobbiying on behalf of the South Coast Region
- Supporting consumer participation in services
- Encouraging the provision of high quality service and client focus
Our Strategic Directions are:
In accordance with the statewide approach, SCHSC has received ongoing funding as part of the Department of Human Services Primary Care Partnerships Program.
We will focus our attention on achieving improved consumer outcomes with combined benefits for our member agencies, via:
- Integrated and comprehensive system wide Primary Health Care Planning
- Integrated Primary Health Knowledge Management systems
- Integrated and outcome focused illness prevention and health promotion strategies
- Consumer focused service delivery coordination and innovation
- Advocacy for the provision of a fair share of services to our target area
- Strengthened capacity and capability of the service system and members / partners, both potential and current
- Improving our evidence base and practice
Our Core Business is:
- To establish and implement integrated planning framework that adds qualitative and quantitative value to sector and member organisations
- To promote integrated understanding of ‘health’
- To provide better services and service system with focus on Health Promotion
- To identify gaps in quantity, scope and quality of services and service systems
- To advocate for services with different levels of government and locally with agencies
- To focus on things agencies have in common
Our Strategic Objectives are:
- To undertake integrated Primary Health Planning and to prioritise, support and monitor implementation of the plan
- To improve service quality, quantity and coordination by
- targeted Health Promotion
- targeted Service Coordination
- active Advocacy
- To implement an effective and efficient knowledge management system by providing up to date information on population health needs, information on services, to support an integrated front end and referral client management system and provide access to inter agency knowledge and expertise
- To develop and implement a sustainable infrastructure and resourcing strategy
- To implement a decision making process which actively involves key stakeholders
There are no events currently available.
Latest Library entries
|SCHSC Update No 71 April 09|
|Health Promotion Update March 09|
|Four Footprints Stage Play Flyer|
|SCHSC Update No. 70 Feb 09|
|Health Promotion Update January 09|
More library entries.