|Gippsland Southern Health Service (GSHS) is the major public healthcare provider in the South Gippsland Shire. The health service has a number of sites across the Shire including the Korumburra Hospital, Leongatha Memorial Hospital, Alchera House and Hillside Lodge in Korumburra and Koorooman House in Leongatha.
The Acute Services on offer at GSHS include:
- Diabetes Education
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Geriatric Evaluation and Management
- Infection Control
- Maternity Services
- Operating Theatres
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Pre-admission Clinic
- Specialist Services
The Community Services on offer at GSHS include:
Community Health Centres
A limited range of GSHS's Community Health Services can be accessed at one of the four Community Health Centres in the South Gippsland Shire:
- Tarwin Lower and District Community Health Centre
- Mirboo North Community Health Centre
- Loch Community Health Centre
- Korumburra Community Health Centre
The Diagnostic Services on offer at GSHS include:
- Medical Imaging
The Outpatient Care on offer at GSHS includes:
GSHS offers Gippsland Southern Health Service provides a total of 86 residential care beds to the local community.
- Koorooman House - a high care facility with 36 nursing home beds located on the grounds at Leongatha Memorial Hospital.
- Alchera House - a high care facility with 20 nursing home beds co-located with the Korumburra Hospital.
- Hillside Lodge - a low care facility with 30 hostel beds located on the hospital grounds at Korumburra.
GSHS has a diverse group of volunteers who play a hands-on role across the two hospital campuses and our services. To find out more about how you could be part of GSHS's volunteer program, Click Here.
GSHS also provides a range of services to its staff including:
- Education and Staff Development
- Employee Assistance Program (please note: clicking on link will take you to an external website)
- Staff Health Promotion Activities